AIKEN (WJBF) - Members of an Aiken County family are enjoying the Merriest Christmas Ever.
The holiday season could have turned out much differently had it not been for our Caring for Carolina Partners.
Brandy Wingard, contest winner said, "It's has been difficult, just praying everyday ya know, we'll get it, somehow we'll get it,.
Brandy and Eric Wingard's prayers were answered when they found out that they were this year's winners in the Merriest Christmas Ever Contest.
It's been a rough year for the Wingards.
An unexpected pregancy led to months of bedrest for this mother of three, then her husband lost his job and they even lost their home.
Then this week, a Christmas miracle thanks to our Carolina For Carolina Partners.
Lots of pretty packages were delivered to the Wingards on Wednesday. Even the rain couldn't put a damper on this delightful surprise.
Inside, you could feel the joy as the children ripped off the holiday paper and opened the boxes filled with clothes and toys.
"How did it make you feel today when you aw the kids open those gifts?"
Billy Halley, owner of Southpoint Construction said, "Really good...."
Lei Brown, with Bath Fitter said, "I love seeing people receive things and their grateful. And its great to be a good neighbor".
Tamalyn Teems, with Aiken Regional Medical Centers said, "The motivation with Aiken Regional being a partner with Caring for Carolina is about giving back to the community"
And what better way to show a family here in our community to give them a Christmas and to see those faces on there kids today has meant a lot so were glad to be a part of this for sure."
In Aiken County, Mary Morrison WJBF NewsChannel 6.
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Richmond County Board of Education approves school closings, re-zoning, and new school opening
- "Out There...Somewhere": This joint was pretty Swift
- Parents of children with autism at Special Olympics talk challenges, rewards
- Local student surprises mom with college news, her reaction is EVERYTHING
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round